ECD plans presented by DSD to Portfolio Committee
Minister Lindiwe Zulu gave evidence to the Social Development Portfolio Committee’s hearing on DSD’s Annual Performance Plan. A summary of the meeting and a link to the DSD presentation can be accessed here.
With regard to the Children’s Amendment Bill, the DSD presentation set out the following:
- 2019-20 – submit Children’s Amendment Bill to parliament
- 2020-21 – develop revised regulations for Children’s Amendment Bill
- 2021-22 – develop costed implementation plan for Children’s Act
With regard to ECD services, the presentation stated:
- 2019-20 – develop comparative analysis of current ECD delivery models
- 2020-21 – map ECD service delivery model
- 2021-22 – develop a service delivery framework
DSD also mentioned a possible new registration campaign which would encourage parents to demand a registration certificate before enrolling their child at an ECD programme.