By Kgomotso Faith Mangolela
SMARTSTART COACH OF THE YEAR
Nomcebo Sithole and Fezeka Dlamini joined SmartStart in 2015 and 2017 respectively. They are both coaches for Letcee, in Greytown and were jointly awarded the title of Coach of the Year for 2018. They received this award because they both had good retention of SmartStarters, a great conversion rate, their data integrity was 100% and they were speedy in loading children onto the system.
Each year SmartStart gives recognition to coaches who are committed and dedicated to their work. Especially those who go the extra mile to ensure that they update their SmartStarter’s information.
WHAT CHARACTERISTICS SHOULD A COACH HAVE?
They need to share and possess
SmartStart’s 5 values:
WHAT MAKES A GREAT COACH?
• They think of SmartStarters as part of their network. They know that they need to stay in contact with
each SmartStarter and reach out to them regularly.
• They don’t leave anyone behind
• They move trainees to franchisees in a shorter period of time. SmartStarters therefore join the family
• They create and maintain good relationships with each SmartStarter. This means they stay and grow the
• They tap into each SmartStarters unique strengths and develop these more. They also know their weaknesses
so that they can build these skills and support them so that they are more likely to succeed.